Thursday 12 April 2012

You CAN Teach An Old Dog New Tricks!

When my daughter asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day I said I would REALLY love to be shown how to use 'Picnik'. On Mother's Day I received some lovely gifts... 
 A hand painted card,
 pretty lace on a handmade bobbin,
 handmade buttons,
 pretty vintage buttons,
 patchwork fabric, a selection of baklava (sweet pastries) which I didn't photograph because I ate them too quickly and... 
a certificate for a course on  learning how to use Picnik.

Well this afternoon I had my first lesson (lots of patience on my daughter's part) and a horrible TEST! 
Luckily I passed my test (see above result) and was rewarded with a bar of chocolate...hehe. 
Unfortunately Picnik is closing down soon (I think it has been bought out by Google so not sure if it will be available still) but my daughter is also going to introduce me to some other sites.
I will have to apologise in advance if I go a bit silly for a while with my photos as it is so much fun but hopefully I will calm down again soon!
As I am writing this my garden is being bombarded by huge hail stones...I just hope my plants survive!

2 comments:

  1. Hello dear Jacqui! I love all of your wonderful Mother's Day gifts!!! The hand painted card is so precious and the homemade buttons are beautiful! The vintage buttons and fabrics are lovely! You will have fun creating with those! The baklava sounds yummy! I love the certificate sweet Becky made for you! She is so creative! I really enjoyed reading it and can see you have done well! You photo looks fantastic! I love the birds, butterflies and border! I hope your plants survived the hail stones! Have a wonderful day! xo~ Paula... have you and Becky began making an apron? If you do, I would love to see it when you finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacqui!!Love your Mother's Day gifts!! How wonderful!! Your blog is so sweet!! So happy to be your newest follower!! Have a lovely weekend!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete