Thursday 17 May 2012

Charity Shop Finds

A few of my recent charity shop finds...
a pretty glass pot with lid (very heavy) measuring 8" in height (£2.50) and 
pretty doilies (£1 set). 
I'm putting these aside to use on some bunting I'm planning to make.
Shells to decorate my garden shed and pergola (20p each), sewing hoops(50p each) and an old music manuscript book for craft projects (20p). I'm glad I found these hoops as I've been to two sewing shops recently and they've both been out of stock!
 A pretty, fluted, green glass vase (£4) dating from around the 1930's I think. 
I'm looking forward to filling this with the beautiful chartreuse flowers of Lady's Mantle (Alchemilla Mollis) and the white daisy-like flowers of Feverfew when they flower in my garden. 
 A set of 6 small dinner plates by Midwinter- 'Indian Tree' design (50p each) and...
 
a child's dress (£1.50) which I bought for the fabric.

9 comments:

  1. You had a good day hunting! I love the pressed glass jar, and how clever to find embrosidery hoops in a charity shop. The doilies remind me of my sweet GrandMother. How much work and care has gone into them! I'm always glad to see items like these find a new use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacqui: Looks like you made some more good buys and finds. Good for you. Those flowers will look beautiful in the pretty green vase..Happy Thursday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your sweet finds!! Those doilies are gorgeous!! The green vase is stunning!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the green glass vase! It will look gorgeous filled with feverfew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, thank you for leaving kind words on my blog- Im on the mend, thanks'. Best wishes Tracey.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds, well done! I love the little dress
    Thea x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jacqui, you have found some really super things - I am a big fan of glassware and have just had a move around in the sitting room putting out some green and blue glass for summer. Haberdashery can be hard to find nowadays and I have seen embroidery hoops like yours used to frame fabric to make pictures!

    I am off to a garage sale in a neighbouring village tomorrow, and so we will see if I come up with anything interesting!

    Have a good weekend.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy hunting at the garage sale. I'm hoping to go to a boot sale Sunday morning if it stays dry.

      Delete
  8. Hello sweet Jacqui, I love all your your wonderful finds! Such pretty things and great prices too! The doilies will be so pretty for bunting. A while back I made one with doilies for a friend and she liked it. :) I look forward to seeing yours. So glad you found the embroidery hoops you needed and the pretty shells to decorate with. The green vase is gorgeous and will be so lovely filled with your flowers! The fabric on the little dress is so sweet. I know you will make something pretty with it! I hope you have a lovely Friday and weekend dear friend! Much love, Paula xo

    ReplyDelete