Monday 16 April 2012

Norfolk Finds

I managed to squeeze in a few charity shop visits during my recent visit to Norfolk. 
 I found this Easter themed embroidered tablecloth for 69p. I don't think it is vintage as the stitching is a little crude in places. This is the centre design... 
 and there is a basket of spring flowers in each corner.
 I also picked up this pretty needlepoint picture for £2.50
and this attractive coaster for 50p. This was a coincidence as it matched a rustic wall hook I had bought new the day before.
 A floral plate by Alfred Meakin (Posy design) for 49p...
 and a selection of about 30 embroidery transfer patterns for £2.50 which appear to date from the 1930's.

 A pretty garden needlework design dated November 1935 given away with Good Needlework Magazine.
 Flower needlework designs dated 1938. 
 I also treated myself to some fabric 
 and a set of 3 cupcake cookie cutters.
We have rain forecast for the remainder of this week so I might get to test these out!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, what treasures!! Love the Easter embroidery and cross stitch picture!! Beautiful!! Have a lovely week! ;) xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sweet Jacqui, I am so happy you found so many pretties in Norfolk, and such good prices too! The Easter tablecloth is so sweet and the needlepoint is gorgeous! I know you will enjoy that! How neat the coaster matched the hook! I purchased a vintage rose creamer in Texas years ago, and a few years later I purchased a sugar bowl here in Louisiana. I was delighted to find they matched perfectly. :) You can't help but wonder the history of our vintage finds! The plate is so sweet! I love to hang them on the walls and use them too, of course. I love the Easter embroider booklet and all of the patterns from the 30's! You will have so much fun embroidering all those gorgeous designs! The fabric is lovely and the cookie cutters are so sweet! So glad you shared your the beautiful photos of your finds! I always enjoy visiting you sweetie! Much love, Paula xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! you did really well!
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete